Saturday, September 6, 2008

Paintball - Marine Corps Style

The squadron entered into a paintball tournament this weekend. It had been planned for the past 4 weeks. When the call came out for those that wanted to go at it you know who was one of the first to answer that call. The Hawks had four teams. The tournament was supposed to be base wide. Key word was supposed to.

What ended up happening was 8 Officers from the Hawks against 6 Marines I would classify as "paintball regulars." So, it was three hours of paintball action with just the two teams. The two extra players on our side made the engagement somewhat fair. Eventually we gave up one of ours to make the teams even. The battle finally ended with 4 of us Hawks remaining after the teams began to erode away. The last engagements were 2 v 2 and then finally a 1 v 1 v1 v 1 (aka all out brawl).

It was a blast, literally! I think I lost about 15 pounds in sweat and have about 15 purple-ish welts from the hard fought battles. I've not done too much paintball but it did remind me of all the times I played laser tag when I was younger. However, this time it was a little more painful when I got shot. Fortunately, I shot others more than they shot me.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That's MY man! Yes, I remember you picking me up in high school and playing lazer tag. It was a blast. Those were such good, innocent, simple times huh? You can keep the paintball though. I get hurt just walking the halls in our house. I am still waiting for me to, "Grow into my body someday", as you would say. Glad you had fun!SO WHO WON?

Our Dream x3 said...

I'll second the above memories. Good Times, good times! I hope the long journey home is a quick one for you. I can only imagine how anxious you must be.
xo
Your sis-in-law